Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time of Trouble

This morning I came upon Doctrine and Covenants 3:8...

"Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and supported you against all the fiery darts of the adversary; and he would have been with you in every time of trouble."

The last part, "he would have been with you in every time of trouble" made me realize something:  that even when we are being obedient and doing what we are supposed to do, we can still have times of trouble.  Doing our best to make the right choices does not guarantee that we will not have hard times, but that in those times, the Lord will be with us.  

This was a good reminder.  Sometimes I think "why is this happening to me?"  I need to remember that as long as I am trying to do my best, the Lord will be with me to give me comfort when times of trouble come.  What a wonderful blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...